Because..I just had to share this. It better not be fake. So much WIN!
I’ve just watched, quite possibly, the WORST movie in the history of cinematography! Wow.
This is a half apologetic (again!), half review-ish-y (yes, I guarantee you that’s a word) post. Yes, I have watched The Dark Knight Rises. Yes, I enjoyed it and had planned on writing a review for it. The very next … Continue reading
Finally watching The Dark Knight Rises tonight! Even though, yes, I said I won’t be watching any other upcoming movie about Batman after I watched The Dark Knight with Heath Ledger because that movie was just..epic.
However, I heard nothing but good things about this movie so yeah. Review to come after. 🙂
I think the title is self explanatory; this post has nothing to do with movies.
Let me just tell you: if you’ve never been to Greece before, than you definitely should in the near, near future. It’s absolutely beautiful and makes for a very interesting experience. I stayed in Potos, on Thassos island and we only passed through Kavala on the mainland. Continue reading
I finally get to watch The Raven; I’ve been wanting to see it since I first heard about the project, in part because it’s about Poe and based on his works and in part because it stars John Cusack.
A lengthy review will come after I’ve finished watching it. All I wanted to say was: they just made use of Annabel Lee which means this movie could pretty much suck from here to eternity and it still wouldn’t matter because that is one of the best poems I’ve ever read and they just quoted verses from it. Yay!
Yeah, I get excited easily, what can I say.
I have decided to make a blog solely for book reviews and I’ve moved the reviews I had already written here over there.
If you’re interested in checking it out —> Bookloversity Reviews
I got tagged by Becky to do this challenge and then pass it forward. Really random questions, all in good fun :). So here goes:
- Post the rules.
- In the same post, answer the questions.
- Create eleven new questions to ask eleven new participants.
- Tag those people and share links to their blogs in your post.
- Let them know you’ve tagged them.
The questions are as follows
- Would you ever try using a Ouija board? I did try to use one once, but not in a serious manner.
- Kindle or physical book? I don’t own a Kindle, but I will always prefer a physical book over an e-book.
- Do you find it easy to forgive and forget? Forgive, yes. Forget, not really.
- Writing or reading? I would have to say reading, thought I quite fancy writing aswell.
- If you had the chance to spend a whole hour with a celebrity, who would you choose? Johnny Depp. And no, not because of his looks. 🙂
- Least favorite genre of book? Don’t really have one. I’ll read anything and everything I can get my hands on. I will occasionally dislike a book, but that’s not going to make me dislike the whole genre.
- Disney or Pixar? Disney, definitely.
- Your favorite quote? “Because we don’t know when we will die, we get to think of life as an inexhaustible well. Yet everything happens only a certain number of times, and a very small number really. How many more times will you remember a certain afternoon of your childhood, an afternoon that is so deeply a part of your being that you can’t even conceive of your life without it? Perhaps four, five times more, perhaps not even that. How many more times will you watch the full moon rise? Perhaps 20. And yet it all seems limitless.” – Paul Bowles. Absolutely true and utterly beautiful.
- Favorite mythical creature? (can range from vampires to Dragons etc) Unicorns – I blame HP for that.
- Which stereotype do/did you fall under in school? (e.g. The Jock, the cheerleader, goth, geek etc) We actually did not have those stereotypes, not like you’d see them in a teen flick.
- What colour is your bedroom? White&gold.
My questions are:1. Superman vs Batman and why? 2. Favorite author? 3. DSLR or traditional photography? 4. Worst movie you have ever seen? 5. Do you prefer seeing a movie at the cinema or on your PC/laptop? 6. Last play you saw? 7. If you could live anywhere, where would you live and why? 8. Are you an optimist or a pessimist? 9. What’s your favorite time of the day? 10. Favorite thing you own? (could be anything) 11. Family vs friends?
In true pay it forward manner, I’m tagging:Maudlin Tales Moment Matters The Reading and Life of a Bookworm
I know I promised a review for The Hunger Games and it’s been a while, but I’m determined not to write one until I’ve finished reading the book and sadly due to an overly busy schedule, I didn’t have the time to even start reading it. It’s in the works though. Also in the works are reviews for A Dangerous Method and J. Edgar, a movie I’ve been dying to see!
Last but not least, I was thinking of compiling a list of great film adaptations. Talk about the movies, talk about the books. You know, like..Deliverence and Lolita, Misery, Grapes of Wrath etc.
Just stay tuned and if you have any suggestions, leave a comment.
Will do a review on The Hunger Games just as soon as I finish reading the book aswell.